Hoboken, New Jersey - (Vocus) October 23, 2012 –Headlining this year’s Best Practices breakout session of the 8th Annual NY XPO for Business, Carl Mazzanti, Chief Executive Officer, eMazzanti Technologies, an IT Support and computer consulting firm in the Hoboken, NJ and NYC areas, spoke on the topic: “Increasing Productivity-Creating a Virtual Office for Your Small Business.” The conference was held on October 17, 2012 at the Jacob Javits Center with Mazzanti speaking on October 17, 9:30 am -10:45 am, Room #2.“eMazzanti has been an integral part of the NY XPO business community for a number of years,” notes Mazzanti. “This year it is our pleasure to share some of our cloud technology expertise to open the eyes of small business owners in terms of making their businesses more productive. The virtual, cloud-based office means full work capabilities anywhere they want, anytime they want.”
The Era of Cloud Computing is Here
Office workers used to be bound to their desktop PC, but today’s mobile workforce needs immediate access to network data, systems, and processes through mobile devices or productivity will suffer. Fortunately, powerful mobile devices, high-speed wireless networks and cloud-based computing solutions have unleashed information workers and taken information work well beyond the four walls of traditional business. Below are five typical business problems solved by cloud-based solutions.
- A business owner does not have professional email and that hurts his business as it makes him look unprofessional. A cloud solution provides business-class email allowing users to have a custom domain along with a 25 GB mailbox.
- A business owner has a lot of temporary workers, so it’s important to get all new employees up and running quickly with solutions they are familiar with. There is a cloud solution that includes familiar Microsoft Office applications by which employees get up and running quickly.
- A business owner understands that his ideas are his business but there needs an easy way to share ideas and manage document versions with clients and partners. There is a cloud solution that provides a password-protected portal to sharing files easy while keeping them up to date and document version control.
- A business owner finds it hard to have effective meetings if they are not face to face. There are cloud solutions that make it easy to hold online meetings with audio, video and desktop sharing with people inside and outside the company.
- When a business’s technology goes down, the business shuts down and few businesses can afford that. There is a cloud solution which provides powerful security features, like anti-virus and anti-spam, help protect your data and it’s backed with a 99.9% uptime financial guarantee.
- Cloud solutions now provide a password protected portal
- The world’s mobile worker population will grow to nearly 1.2 billion people more than a third of the world’s workforce by 2013. (IDC, February 2010)
• 54 percent of companies cite effective management of remote employees as the biggest concern for executives in managing a mobile workforce. Despite this concern, employee satisfaction and competitive advantage were ranked as the top benefits gained with a mobile workforce in addition to cost savings. (Runzheimer International, December 2010)
•The number of business customers using mobile cloud-based applications will rise to more than 130 million by 2014. (Juniper Research, March 2010)
In summary, a company’s management and staff can now seamlessly and securely access data, with a consistent experience, across PC, phone, or browser. Productivity tasks like opening a document on a mobile device, collaborating with team members, or checking a calendar is a seamless extension of the tools workers already know and trust. Back-end processes like security and identity management are also extended from the core network platform to the mobile workforce without requiring an entirely new infrastructure.
The office experience has now become the virtual office experience.
Why the Cloud Now?
“The benefits of deploying technologies through cloud services to drive productivity and increase efficiencies are proving out every day,” said Mazzanti.
According to Mazzanti and major players in the Cloud Community like Microsoft, the cloud-computing landscape is dramatically changing in three significant ways:
- Moving to the cloud via software as a service (SaaS)
- Using the cloud platform as a service (PaaS)
- Becoming a Cloud via infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
“Bottom-line, businesses can now enjoy cloud-based solutions to support phones, email, meetings, document sharing, data security and virtualization,” concludes Mazzanti.
What NYXPO Attendees Can Expect
Attendees networked with over 10,000 other business owners and professionals from across the region. Educational breakout sessions are being offered throughout the day, including more than 40 seminars covering a variety of topics that include: sales, marketing, advertising, capital access, entrepreneurship, social media, best business practices, business development, technology, accounting, healthcare, management, and international trade.
In addition to presentations, attendees were able to review the latest products & services from over 200 vendors, garner ideas that can help better meet competitive challenges, build stronger relationships with prospects and learned from the nation’s top business leaders.
About eMazzanti Technologies
With a company name that sounds more like a purebred, high-performance sports car than a IT support and consulting firm, eMazzanti Technologies is all about delivering powerful solutions in a variety of Outsourced IT services, such as cloud computing, managed printing services, PCI DSS compliance, computer network management, network troubleshooting, business continuity and disaster recovery, green computing, mobile workforce technology, information security, cloud computing, cloud computing services, and business information optimization in the most efficient manner possible. The Hoboken, N.J., firm is located in one of the most densely populated – and competitive – regions in the U.S. It provides business technology consulting services for companies ranging from home offices to multinational corporations in the New York metropolitan area, the United States and throughout the world. eMazzanti Technologies is Microsoft’s 2012 Partner of the Year for the third year, WatchGuard’s Partner of the Year for three years running and made the Inc. 5000 for the third year in a row. For more information contact: Carl Mazzanti 201-360-4400 or emazzanti.net. Twitter: @emazzanti , Facebook: Facebook.com/emazzantitechnologies.
Carl Mazzanti is Co-Founder and President of eMazzanti Technologies, Microsoft’s four time Partner of the Year and one of the premier IT consulting services for businesses throughout the New York metropolitan area and internationally. Carl and his company manage over 400 active accounts ranging from professional services firms to high-end global retailers.
eMazzanti is all about delivering powerful, efficient outsourced IT services, such as computer network management and troubleshooting, managed print, PCI DSS compliance, green computing, mobile workforce technology, information security, cloud computing, and business continuity and disaster recovery.
Carl Mazzanti is also a frequent business conference speaker and technology talk show guest and contributor at Microsoft-focused events, including frequent prominent roles at the Microsoft Inspire (Worldwide Partner Conference / WPC).
Carl, a serial Entrepreneur, gives back to the community through Entrepreneur teaching engagements at Georgetown University, the company’s ocean wildlife conservation effort, the Blue Project, and Tree Mazzanti.