Ideas to Help You to Use SharePoint Effectively in Your Business
Top 20 ways that SharePoint can solve your common business needs. And I want to emphasize that these 20 are only a few of the many ways to utilize SharePoint.
- Store all your emails on a secure and centralized Website for easy archive.
- Keep a central task location for assigning tasks to team members. These tasks will automatically show up in your team’s Outlook To-Do List. Those tasks will also link to your projects so you can easily find out what tasks are still open for each project.
- Organize large events and store the related documents, assigned tasks, and generally post anything and everything related to the events. It will also integrate with Outlook for added efficiency.
- Collaborate with team members on all documents and stay on top of who did what. Earlier versions can easily be restored in case someone has made too many mistakes. Projects can also be linked to related documents.
- When tasks are assigned to team members they’ll automatically be notified that they’ve just been assigned a new task. Alerts are sent when there have been updates to the tasks.
- Use SharePoint as a robust, but simple project management solution for your organization or team allowing them to manage tasks and documents in a single location.
- Use the efficient check-in / check-out management feature to manage your documents.
- Implement a help ticket resolution for your organization or team without breaking the bank.
- Start a private company blog to communicate and share ideas with your team that’s viewable only by those you give access to.
- Gain more control over your company’s documents with the approval workflows or content approval functionality.
- Offer training materials to your teams, clients, and/or partners in a password-protected Website that can be accessed anywhere in the world.
- Offer a secure and private place to share documents and other information with clients and/or partners.
- Access and work with your documents and data using Office 365 which includes Sharepoint Online on your smartphone for added convenience while traveling or out of the office at client meetings.
- Create better team communication and brainstorming sessions where everyone can participate when their schedules permit.
- Centralize where company and team project announcements are posted. Everyone will receive a notification via email or mobile phone automatically, anywhere in the world.
- Take the project tasks, team discussions, company contacts, centralized calendars, team blogs, and files offline. and then sync the updated information later on.
- Create “central” documents (and synchronize), so all team members, clients, and/or partners are able to work on the same document and make changes. Updates are accessible with a click of a button. Everyone can then sync back to the “central” document and have all edits merged into that single document.
- Easily add custom fields to any area and capture the information that’s most important to your company, all without the help of a web designer or IT person.
- Pull up and update a Microsoft Access database from a local desktop and sync information to a central location that can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
- Create a project dashboard where on one page you can view and filter on common project elements, such as: project details, project documents, project tasks, project issues, project calendar, project milestones, project lessons learned, project risks, project change orders, and more.
To learn more, contact us today.
Carl Mazzanti is Co-Founder and President of eMazzanti Technologies, Microsoft’s four time Partner of the Year and one of the premier IT consulting services for businesses throughout the New York metropolitan area and internationally. Carl and his company manage over 400 active accounts ranging from professional services firms to high-end global retailers.
eMazzanti is all about delivering powerful, efficient outsourced IT services, such as computer network management and troubleshooting, managed print, PCI DSS compliance, green computing, mobile workforce technology, information security, cloud computing, and business continuity and disaster recovery.
Carl Mazzanti is also a frequent business conference speaker and technology talk show guest and contributor at Microsoft-focused events, including frequent prominent roles at the Microsoft Inspire (Worldwide Partner Conference / WPC).
Carl, a serial Entrepreneur, gives back to the community through Entrepreneur teaching engagements at Georgetown University, the company’s ocean wildlife conservation effort, the Blue Project, and Tree Mazzanti.