Security is important, even on the go. Here are some quick tips on securing your mobile devices.
- Lock your device. Use a strong passcode, phrase, or PIN, just like you would secure your computer.
- Enable remote access. Check to see if the device manufacturer provides a service or feature to remotely connect to and locate your device.
- Use a Private Network. When on public wi-fi, use a VPN (virtual private network) to encrypt your connection.
- Install anti-virus. Mobile devices are the same as computers — they can get infected, so install trusted anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Stop Bluetooth snoopers. When not using Bluetooth, turn it off so you’re not open to snooping.
- Don’t auto-connect. Disable auto-connect so your device doesn’t automatically connect to rogue access points or Wi-Fi spoofs.