The above program “BookmarkSync” works well with Internet Explorer but has some issues with Firefox.
A good program to use for the Firefox browser is called Xmarks (www.xmarks.com). Xmarks supports Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 7 or 8, or Safari on the MAC OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Download xmarks client and then sign up to create a profile (FREE).
- Run through the setup wizard to establish a baseline of your bookmarks and it will sync up to their servers.
- Then install the client software onto the other computer (home) and follow the wizard steps and use your log in credentials from the first client installation.
- It will merge OR you can have the server bookmarks overwrite the bookmarks that are on your computer.
- Now anytime you add a bookmark or organize your bookmarks, the changes will take place on the 2nd computer and vice versa.
Carl Mazzanti is Co-Founder and President of eMazzanti Technologies, Microsoft’s four time Partner of the Year and one of the premier IT consulting services for businesses throughout the New York metropolitan area and internationally. Carl and his company manage over 400 active accounts ranging from professional services firms to high-end global retailers.
eMazzanti is all about delivering powerful, efficient outsourced IT services, such as computer network management and troubleshooting, managed print, PCI DSS compliance, green computing, mobile workforce technology, information security, cloud computing, and business continuity and disaster recovery.
Carl Mazzanti is also a frequent business conference speaker and technology talk show guest and contributor at Microsoft-focused events, including frequent prominent roles at the Microsoft Inspire (Worldwide Partner Conference / WPC).
Carl, a serial Entrepreneur, gives back to the community through Entrepreneur teaching engagements at Georgetown University, the company’s ocean wildlife conservation effort, the Blue Project, and Tree Mazzanti.